How to know if your converter is aftermarket?
Aftermarket catalytic converters usually contain a lot less precious metals than OEM. This means that their value will be low.
There are some signs to look for in order to recognize an aftermarket converter:
● They may have a silver shield on them.
● Arrow on the shield.
● Many codes will begin with N. for example NCE, NAT, NT, NGE.
● Aftermarket cats are usually lighter.
Here are some examples:
However, the above observations are approximate. If you are unsure, we recommend sending us a picture by starting a conversation on our support center. Our team will confirm whether your cat is an aftermarket or not.
- What is a catalytic converter?
- What is the catalyst of a catalytic converter?
- What is the difference between “oxidation” and “three-ways’ converters?
- Can a bad catalytic converter cause a car to overheat? what causes a converter to become red hot?
- What causes a catalytic converter to become clogged?
Still need help ?
Contact our 24/7 support.