What is the difference between “oxidation” and “three-ways’ converters?
Oxidation converters control two pollutants – carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons.
These are reduced to harmless water vapor and carbon dioxide through accelerated oxidization as the gases pass through the converter.
Three-ways converters carry out the same function and, in addition, are designed to reduce levels of nitrogen oxides.
They may also include an Air Injection tube which assists the chemical reaction in the oxidization catalyst.
- What is a catalytic converter?
- What is the catalyst of a catalytic converter?
- What is the difference between “oxidation” and “three-ways’ converters?
- Can a bad catalytic converter cause a car to overheat? what causes a converter to become red hot?
- What causes a catalytic converter to become clogged?
Still need help ?
Contact our 24/7 support.