Can you clean out a catalytic converter?
Catalytic converters usually don't need any maintenance or cleaning, even though some companies are known for selling additive which are supposed to clean your converters from deposits stuck inside it.
However, a failed catalytic converter can never get fixed thanks to such products.
The best option remains to sell your old catalytic converter to recycle it and thus earn money to finance a new one.
- What is a catalytic converter?
- What is the catalyst of a catalytic converter?
- What is the difference between “oxidation” and “three-ways’ converters?
- Can a bad catalytic converter cause a car to overheat? what causes a converter to become red hot?
- What causes a catalytic converter to become clogged?
Still need help ?
Contact our 24/7 support.