The Thermo Scientific™ Niton™ XL3t XRF Analyzer
XRF (X-ray fluorescence) is a non-destructive analytical technique used to determine the elemental composition of materials with results in seconds for this type of metal analysis. Niton™ XL3t XRF Analyzer determine the chemistry of a sample by measuring the fluorescent (or secondary) X-ray emitted from a sample when it is excited by a primary X-ray source. It provides the real-time compliance testing, including screening of incoming materials and outgoing finished goods. A convenient handheld tool, the Niton XL3t 950 GOLDD+ XRF Analyzer offers many features designed to improve your productivity and profitability.
✓ Standard Thermo Scientific™ Niton Data Transfer (NDT™) PC software suite allows you to set operator permissions, generate custom reports, print certificates of analysis, or remotely monitor and operate the instrument hands-free from your PC.
✓ Integrated USB and Bluetooth™ communications provide direct data transfer to your PC or networked storage device.
✓ Optional accessories include Bluetooth barcode reader, Bluetooth printer, and Bluetooth GPS.
- Waterproof carrying case
- Shielded belt holster
- Spare battery pack - 110/220 VAC battery charger/ AC adaptor
- Integrated GPS
Best calibration for auto catalyst (Ac)
Analysis of precious metals in ceramic automotive catalysts: Pd, Pt, Rh
You will like it for:
- High sensitivity and measurement accuracy
- Standard analytical range: 25 elements
- CCD camera for visually identifying and recording images
- A selectable 3mm small spot to locate areas of interest on a sample
- Flip-up, color, touch-screen display
- Ergonomic design
- Easy-to-use software in 8 languages
- 24 months Warranty
Technical specifications :
- Model: Niton XL3t 950 GOLDD+ or Niton XL3t 500
- Dimensions: 244 x 230 x 95.5 mm
- Weight: 1.3 kg + 0.25 kg battery
- Weight with carrying case: 8kg
- Micro X-Ray tube with gold (Au) anode 50 kV/100pA maximum, 2W
- Detector: Si_PIN detector with Peltier cooler
- Country of origin: USA
Requirements for the instrument's users
Licensing / Registration: Licensing varies by region and might be required for the use of the Instrument.
The user is responsible for the compliance with the local safety requirements
We have great faith in the Niton XL3t XRF Analyzer, believing to be the best analyzer currently on the market.
It does require a certain amount of user expertise but we are happy to offer free training in our lab or remotely.
In the catalytic converter refining process, once de-canned, the honeycomb core is removed and ground to a fine powder which can then either be smelted to extract the pure precious metals or sold directly to a refiner. In either case, accurate analysis of the platinum, palladium and rhodium content is required to ensure an accurate price is obtained. Portable X-ray fluorescence (XRF) is, perhaps, the best means to provides fast and accurate determination of precious metals in the catalyst powder.