How much precious metal can you find in a used catalytic converter?
Content will vary significantly depending on the vehicle model, but on average the ceramic weight is approximately just less than 1 kg, and the precious metal content is between 0,2% and 1%. For example the amount of platinum in a catalytic converter is around 5 grams, for a standard one.
The amount of metals in the catalytic converter varies depending on the reference, that is why each of the converter listed in our catalog has a different price.
Catalytic converters contain Platinum, Rhodium and Palladium. However, there is no gold in catalytic converters.
- What is a catalytic converter?
- What is the catalyst of a catalytic converter?
- What is the difference between “oxidation” and “three-ways’ converters?
- Can a bad catalytic converter cause a car to overheat? what causes a converter to become red hot?
- What causes a catalytic converter to become clogged?
Still need help ?
Contact our 24/7 support.